Welcome to the UKAAF website
Welcome to the UK Association for Accessible Formats, an industry association which is:
- Setting standards and promoting best practice for quality accessible information based on user needs
- Enabling businesses and organisations to deliver a quality service to meet the needs of people with print impairments
Because format quality matters.
Accessible formats are alternatives to printed information, used by blind and partially sighted people, or others with a print impairment. These accessible formats include large print, audio, braille, electronic text, and accessible images amongst others.
These accessible formats must be of a high quality if they are to be legible, usable and meaningful to the people they’re intended for.
Find out about and contribute to best practice, and equip yourself with the skills and knowledge you need to deliver – or demand – best practice in accessible format production.
- Service providers: UKAAF helps businesses and organisations understand how to meet the needs of customers and clients with print impairments, and how to source and provide quality accessible formats like large print, audio, braille and more.
- Transcribers: UKAAF helps those creating accessible format materials by sharing best practice guidelines for the production of quality accessible formats, and by promoting transcription services.
- End-users: UKAAF helps people with print impairments by collecting their views and sharing them with service providers and transcribers, so they know how to meet users’ needs.
With thanks to our sustaining members
RNIB is the leading charity offering information, support and advice to almost two million people with sight loss.