We are the UK Association for Accessible Formats
An industry association that :-
- Sets standards and promotes best practice for quality accessible information based on user needs
- Enables businesses and organisations to deliver a quality service to meet the needs of people with print impairments
Because format quality matters.
Accessible formats are alternatives to printed information, used by blind and partially sighted people, or others with a print impairment. These accessible formats include large print, audio, braille, electronic text, and accessible images amongst others.
These accessible formats must be of a high quality if they are to be legible, usable and meaningful to the people they’re intended for.
Find out about and contribute to best practice, and equip yourself with the skills and knowledge you need to deliver – or demand – best practice in accessible format production.
- Service providers: UKAAF helps businesses and organisations understand how to meet the needs of customers and clients with print impairments, and how to source and provide quality accessible formats like large print, audio, braille and more.
- Transcribers: UKAAF helps those creating accessible format materials by sharing best practice guidelines for the production of quality accessible formats, and by promoting transcription services.
- End-users: UKAAF helps people with print impairments by collecting their views and sharing them with service providers and transcribers, so they know how to meet users’ needs.
Become a member today. Here’s how
Let’s stop the needs of the blind user being pushed to the back of the consideration queue
With thanks to our sustaining members. The RNIB is the leading charity offerinng information, support and advice to almost two million people with sight loss.