Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can also be by the information alone, or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession, or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
The United Kingdom Association for Accessible formats (herein after referred to as UKAAF). Pia is the data controller on behalf of UKAAF (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
UKAAF complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure, and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. There is also a requirement for people to ensure their personal data is correct.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- If appropriate, to fundraise and promote the work of UKAAF
- To maintain UKAAF’s accounts and records;
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services of UKAAF
- For audit and accounting purposes
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Under the EU Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data processing is lawful only when (and to the extent that) it is permitted under applicable law.
- We are legally obliged, by HMRC, to retain Gift Aid documentation for 6 years from the last donation.
- As a member of UKAAF, we rely upon your explicit consent so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services about UKAAF.
- Some processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations under employment, social security or social protection law.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with relevant UKAAF Board members and accredited Representatives in order to carry out our purposes. We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data for purposes of communication, news about UKAAF, and – if appropriate – seeking funding towards the work of this organisation.
Such data is held for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which it relates. It is also held for Audit, Accounting and HMRC purposes.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which UKAAF holds
- The right to request that UKAAF corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for UKAAF to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time subject only to processing required by law.
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject. In either case, the data controller processes the data by secure automated means].
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request that a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office – https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, we will provide you with a new notice explaining this additional use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent.
Rights, queries and complaints
To exercise all relevant rights, queries and complaints, please, in the first instance, contact UKAAF.
Tel: 0345 608 5223
Fax: 0345 608 5224
Unit 42, John Baker Close,
Llantarnam Park Industrial Estate,
President: Lord Low of Dalston CBE
Registered charity number: 1126966
Registered as a company in England and Wales number: 6748900